Ok, here’s a scenario I’m sure we’ve all been through…
You haven’t gone shopping in over a week and you’re down to protein powders, water and maybe some oatmeal or a couple of eggs. You need a quick breafast before working out. What do you do?
This is the easiest thing to make. I’ve done it many times, even if it’s just to eat something before going shopping (or out of town and don’t want to shop for the week):
- 1/2 cup of Oatmeal (always choose the tub over the packets!)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein (I find Dymatize cooks the best)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 egg whites
- Place oatmeal and protein powder into a bowl and mix
- Add water to mixture and let sit for a minute to soak in
- Place two egg whites into bowl and mix again
- Put bowl in the microwave and cook on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute and enjoy!
If you like it a little bit sweeter, feel free to throw in some stevia extract or any berries you may have left over in the fridge. The great part about the egg whites is that you don’t get the savory taste profile, which would conflict with the sweetness of the protein powder.
Remember: the idea is to make the best of what you have lying around.